Serve with crunchy side salad or garlic bread. 1 dessertspoon of mature cheddar cheese may be used.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 11mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 225g lasagne sheets or medium box of easi – cook lasagne sheets
- 2-3 dessertspoons of l cheese
- pinch of salt if desired
- ground pepper
- ½ low salt vegetable stock cube
- 275mls of boiling water
- 275ml white sauce
- mixed herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Fry the onions, peppers, mushrooms and carrots for 5 mins.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 275ml of boiling water.
- Add the tomato sauce, kidney beans, tomatoes and vegetable stock. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Layer the sheets of lasagne and vegetables in a casserole dish: starting with a layer of vegetables and finishing with a layer of lasagne.
- Make the white sauce and pour on top.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs and grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
Keywords: Salad, garlic bread, cheddar cheese.