For extra protein include some lentils/beans/barley.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 potatoes chopped
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- ½ courgette sliced
- 4 dessertspoons sweetcorn
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red and green pepper
- 3 dessertspoons tomato puree
- 2 dessertspoons paprika
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic in the oil for 6 minutes and place in casserole dish.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the frying pan for 4 minutes and then add to casserole dish
- Heat the tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika and seasoning in the frying pan then add to the rest of the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and put in the oven, after 20 minutes remove the lid and stir, put back in the oven uncovered for a further 20 minutes.
Keywords: Protein, lentils, beans, barley