Serve with rice or pasta. If you have time why not make
your own stock.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 dessertspoon of oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 apples cored and peeled
- 2 dessertspoons curry powder
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube
- 575mls of boiling water
- 7 mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 50g sultanas
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 dessertspoon dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tin of peas/beans
- 1 dessertspoon chutney
- Prepare the mixture of vegetables. Wash them and chop into cubes. Place in a saucepan.
- Add the apple, lentils, lemon juice, coconut, sultanas, brown sugar and chutney. Add 425ml of stock and boil for 25 mins.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until it is soft.
- Stir in the curry powder, flour and remainder of stock.
- Bring to the boil. Add this to the mixed vegetables and season.
- Add the peas/beans.
- Simmer for 12 minutes. Reduce heat and cook slowly for another 18 minutes. Add more stock if needed.
Keywords: Rice, pasta, stock.