Turkish bulgur salad what is a made with smaller ones than normal bulgur is a light food. You can make this food practically with the recipe below.
- 1 cup fine bulgur, better if brown
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- A few fresh mint sprigs, finely chopped
- Grape leaves or lettuce to serve
- Put bulgur and spices in a large bowl.
- Pour hot water over them and cover with its lid or with a piece of cloth. Let it sit until bulgur rises, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop all the herbs and cucumber.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté finely chopped onion with pepper paste. When the soaked bulgur rises, pour sautéd onion over it and stir well.
- Add in lemon juice and pomegranate molasses, stir well.
- Toss in all the chopped herbs and give it a good stir.
- Serve it on plates with lettuce leaves or fresh grape leaves next to it.
- You can serve pickles, tomatoes and cucumbers with this salad.