In this recipe, we will describe the Turkish style braised green beans with tomatoes. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
- 1lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into three or four pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
- Put half of the green beans in a pan. Toss in diced onion and then the rest of green beans. Add diced tomatoes over them.
- Drizzle olive oil and add salt, sugar, black pepper and water. Cook covered over medium low heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil right before serving.