Noah’s Ark Pudding/ Asure is a dessert of Middle Eastern origin. It contains many dried fruits and pulses in asure. Here you can find easy asure recipe.
- 1 ½ cups uncooked whole grain wheat or barley
- 1 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 7-8 pieces of dried apricots
- 7-8 pieces of dried figs
- 1 cups raisins
- 100 grams of currants
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
(you must have continuous boiling water to add)
To sprinkle on top
- Cinnamon (as you wish)
- Grape, fig, apricot and currants have to wait in boiling water for 10 min. If you not change the water of the currants 2 times Noah’s Ark Pudding will be black.
- Put the chickpeas and beans in water for 1 night then boil in a pressure cooker.
- Wash the uncooked whole grain wheat and boil for 10 minutes, drain the resulting black water. Boil again for 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Then add 3 liters of boiling water and boil for 50 minutes. You can add as water decreases.
- Add chickpeas, beans, apricots and raisins to the softening wheat. Boil for 10-15 min.
- Add sugar, hazelnuts, figs and bird grapes and boil for 5 minutes. In these stages you can add water as the water decreases.