Do you want to make mini strawberry tarts? The mini strawberry tart is described here to make at home rather than go to buy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8 (3 1/2-inch) round, 1-inch-deep mini fluted tart pans with removable rims, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Process the flour, powdered sugar, and pistachios in a food processor until nuts are finely ground, about 1 minute. Add the cubed butter to processor, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press about 4 1/2 tablespoons of the flour mixture on bottom and up sides of each tart pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove tart pans to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and beat until well blended. Gently fold the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until incorporated. Spoon about 5 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each tart shell. Cover tarts with plastic wrap, and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Toss together the sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and spoon on tarts just before serving.