Another tart with chocolate! the choice is up to you. Here’s your fudge truffle-pecan tart recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
Chocolate Tart Shell
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Garnish: shaved chocolate
- Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, beating well. Stir in melted chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and next 3 ingredients. Pour into chocolate tart shell.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Beat cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Dollop cream around tart.
- Chocolate Tart Shell: Combine 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup melted butter; press into the bottom of a 10-inch tart pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack.