If you have time why not make your own stock? You can make a stock and soup with these recipes.
Number of serving: 4
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 2oz/50g flour
- 1/2 pt/275ml low-fat milk
- 1 low salt stock cube
- 1pt/575ml of boiling water
- pinch of salt
- ground pepper
- 1finely chopped onion
- 3 dessertspoons of peas
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the finely chopped onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a 1pt / 575ml of boiling water.
- Gradually stir in the stock with carrots, peas, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, keep stirring until thickened.
Keywords: stock, soup, recipes.