This recipe is also delicious cold and served with salad. If you have time you can make your own stock.
Number of serving: 3
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 11/2 hours
- 1lb/450g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 4oz/110g fresh brown breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt
- 2 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 low salt stock cube
- 1pt/575ml of boiling water
- a little oil
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Brush a large loaf tin with oil and fill with the mixture.
- Smooth the top with a palette knife and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 11/4 -1 1/2 hours.
Keywords: recipe, salad, stock.