A tin of chicken or mushroom soup can be used instead of the sauce.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 6 chicken portions
- pinch of salt
- 1 low salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 7 dessert spoons of water
- 1 dessertspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dessertspoon of oil
- 7 mushrooms
- 1 packet chicken soup
- 1 level teaspoon flour
- 425ml water
- Trim chicken joints and remove all fat and skin, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken portions on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken portions to a casserole dish.
- Pour the stock into the pan and stir, using a wooden spoon. Mix any crispy pieces from the sides of the pan. Boil for a 5 minutes. Keep for sauce.
To make sauce:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the mushrooms and cook over a low heat until the mushrooms soften.
- Stir in the soup mix and the flour, then blend in the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the juices from the frying pan.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken joints.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven 190°C / 375°F for 60 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Keywords: Chicken, mushroom soup, sauce.