Use a variety of vegetables. These may be cooked in
a saucepan on the top of the cooker. Serve with rice or a baked potato.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 4 chicken leg pieces or breasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 225g frozen sweetcorn or peas
- 5 large potatoes peeled and cut into large slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes peeled and chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 low salt chicken stock cube
- 575ml of boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the chicken and cook until brown on all sides.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Add the onion, salt, pepper, celery and potatoes to the juices in the frying pan and cook for 6 minutes. Drain off the fat.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 575ml of boiling water
- Add the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil
- Pour this over chicken pieces in the casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 50 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn and cook for another 15 minutes.
Keywords: Vegetables, saucepan, cooker, rice, baked potato