Try different shapes and colours of pasta for variety. For a change try wholewheat pasta.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 9 mushrooms sliced
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- mixed herbs
- 200g pasta
- 575ml cheese sauce
- 3 dessertspoons wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Heat the oil, fry the onion, pepper, mushrooms and crushed garlic for 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, mixed herbs and a little pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 15 minutes until it is soft. Drain the pasta and add to the vegetable mix. Stir and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Put the pasta and vegetable mix into a casserole dish and cover with a thick cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
Keywords: Pasta, wholewheat pasta.