Tinned salmon may be used instead of white fish if
preferred. Use a plastic bag to hold breadcrumbs.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 12oz/350g cooked white fish
- 7 potatoes cooked and mashed
- 25g low-fat spread
- 2 dessertspoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 75g brown breadcrumbs
- 2 dessertspoons flour
- Place the flaked fish, potatoes, butter, parsley, salt and pepper and 1 beaten egg in a bowl and mix gently with a fork. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into a long ‘snake’ on a floured surface. Cut into 9 portions and shape each into a flat round.
- Dip the cakes into the second beaten egg and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Fry or grill the fish cakes until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with Tossed Green Salad.
Keywords: Salmon, white fish, plastic bag, breadcrumbs.