Carrots or any other vegetable can be used instead of broccoli. Roast chicken or boiled chicken pieces could also be used. Use cheaper cuts of chicken to keep cost low.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 4 chicken fillets chopped
- 1 onion
- 450g broccoli
- I tin of mushroom soup
- 1 dessertspoon of curry powder
- 150mls low-fat milk
- pinch of salt if desired
- 50g Brown breadcrumbs
- 50g grated low-fat cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- Chop the onion finely and fry in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Boil broccoli for 2 minutes.
- Mix the milk, soup, curry powder, salt and pepper together in a jug.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces, onion and broccoli into the casserole dish.
- Pour in the soup mixture and cover with the breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
Keywords: Carrots, vegetable, broccoli, roast chicken, boiled chicken, chicken.