Use a plastic bag to hold the breadcrumbs when coating
the chicken. Leftover breadcrumbs can be stored in the freezer and used straight from frozen when needed next.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- pinch of salt
- 4 chicken legs
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and mixed herbs together in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then in the seasoned breadcrumbs, pressing on well.
- Place in a casserole dish, lined with tin foil. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve hot or cold with salad.
Keywords: Breadcrumbs, chicken, frozen, freezer