To make fruit scones add 50g mixed fruit to the mixture before adding the beaten eggs and water.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 450g self-raising flour
- 50g sugar
- 110g margarine
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Put flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. Rub in the margarine.
- Add the beaten eggs with sufficient milk to make a nice soft dough.
- Put on a floured surface and roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a knife or pastry cutter, brush over with egg wash or a little milk and put on a floured baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Keywords: Fruit scones, beaten eggs, water.