Serve with a little caster sugar & lemon juice. Try using other types of flour e.g. buckwheat; half brown half white; spelt.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 225g flour
- 1 egg
- 425ml milk pinch of salt
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and drop in the egg with 1/4 of the milk.
- Stir the egg mixture in the centre of the bowl, allowing the flour to fall in gradually from the sides.
- Add the rest of the milk slowly, beating well to avoid lumping.
- To Cook: Pour a thin layer of the mixture onto a hot, non-stick pan.
- Use a spatula to turn the pancake over when bubbles start to appear on top.
- Stewed fruit
- Chopped cooked chicken
- Smoked haddock
- Stir fried vegetables
- Tinned salmon
- Mince cooked in curry sauce
- Bolognese sauce
- Chilli con carne
Keywords: Caster sugar, lemon juice, flour, buckwheat.