This recipe is useful for school lunches.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 13/4 hours
- 1 cup of strong tea
- 180g brown sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 450g mixed dried fruit
- 1 egg
- 1/2 level teaspoon bread soda
- Put tea, sugar and dried fruit in a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Add the lightly beaten egg to the fruit mixture.
- Sieve the flour and bread soda together and fold into mixture.
- Turn into the prepared tin. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for to 13/4
- Cool on a wire tray and serve sliced.
Keywords: School lunches.