If you have time why not make your own stock?
Number of serving: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1lb/450g lean minced beef
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 dessertspoons of peas
- 3 mushrooms
- 6 broccoli florets
- 5 potatoes cooked
- a little low-fat milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 1/2 pt/275ml of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 375°F.
- Place the minced beef in a frying pan. Add pepper and salt.
- Peel the onion, carrots and mushroom and chop them finely. Add all vegetables to the minced beef.
- Fry until the meat is browned and drain off any excess fat from pan.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1⁄2 pt / 275mls boiling water and add to the minced beef.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Put into a greased casserole dish.
- Mash the potatoes and add a little milk and seasoning.
- Spoon on top of meat mixture and smooth gently with a knife or fork to form a pattern on top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.