Add broccoli and sweetcorn. You could make large batches of this recipe and freeze some, for when you are too busy to cook.
Number of serving: 5
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1lb/450g lean minced beef/lamb
- 6 mushrooms chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 low salt beef or vegetable stock cube
- ½ pt/275ml of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon tomato sauce
- pinch of salt if desired
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 8oz/225g spaghetti
- Cook the mince beef / lamb, onions, mushrooms and carrots on a dry pan for 15 minutes. (There is sufficient fat in mince for frying). Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a 1⁄2pt / 275ml of boiling water.
- Add the stock, tin of tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for 10-15 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Serve with the bolognese sauce on top.
Keywords: Broccoli, sweetcorn, recipe.