Leek & potato soup or vegetable soup can also be used. Add vegetables for variety.
Number of serving: 3
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- lb/450g lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- pinch of salt if desired
- ground pepper
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pt/275ml low-fat milk
- 4 potatoes peeled
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Put minced beef and finely chopped onion into a large frying pan and fry until the meat is browned and onion is cooked. Keep stirring and drain off any excess fat from the pan.
- Stir in the soup mixture, milk and worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add pepper and salt, if desired.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish and top with sliced potatoes and carrots.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
Keywords: Leek & potato soup, vegetable soup,vegetables.