Add more kidney beans and use less beef to reduce the cost of the meal. If you have time you can make your own stock.
Number of serving: 2
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1lb/450g of lean minced beef/lamb
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 dessertspoons peas
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 tin tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 dessertspoons tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tin of kidney beans
- 1 dessertspoon of flour
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 1/4 pt/150ml of water
- Chop onion and garlic. Dissolve beef stock cube in a 1/4 pt / 150ml of boiling water.
- Put minced beef in a dry frying pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes over a low heat until well browned, stirring all the time. Drain off any excess fat from the pan.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the flour and chilli powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add beef stock, tomato sauce and tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
- Add kidney / baked beans, carrot, peas, mushrooms and pepper to the mince. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Keywords: kidney beans, beef, stock.