If the sauce becomes lumpy, place it in a sieve over a pot. Work the sauce through the sieve into the pot below. Always use a wooden spoon.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutesoıl/stew
- 1oz/25g margarine
- 1oz/25g flour
- 3/4 pt/425ml milk
- pinch of salt
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil. Keep stirring.
- Reduce heat and cook slowly for 5 minutes.
Keywords: Wooden spoon, sauce, pot