For this recipe if you have time why not make your own stock.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- ½ low salt vegetable stock cube
- 275mls of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 280g rice
- 225g frozen peas
- 7 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 450g tin tomatoes
- Rinse rice and cook in stock for 12 minutes.
- Heat the oil. Fry the chopped onion, mushrooms and pepper in the oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, kidney beans and tomatoes to the fried vegetables and heat gently.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with side salad.
Keywords: Recipe, stock.