This dish is delicious served with baked potatoes. Onions and a green pepper can also be used with the mushrooms.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 thick pork chops
- pinch of salt
- ground pepper
- pinch of mixed herbs
- 8 mushrooms chopped
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 1 dessertspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C / 325°F.
- Trim the fat from the chops using a sharp knife and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Fry chops in a little oil to seal in the juices. Remove from the pan.
- Cook mushrooms for a few minutes until soft. Stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the flour and mixed herbs over mushrooms and cook for a 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut four pieces of tin foil large enough to completely cover each chop.
- Place a chop in the centre of each piece of foil.
- Cover with the mushroom mixture.
- Fold the foil over loosely and seal completely.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
Keywords: Baked potatoes, onions, green pepper, mushrooms.