Chicken, beef or lamb can be used instead of pork. Serve with noodles.
Number of servings: 1
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 80g chicken, beef pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 small pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 dessertspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- ½ low salt stock cube dissolved in 90mls of boiling water
- 70g brown rice
- Cut beef into thin slices.
- Cut onion into thin slices and chop garlic.
- Slice mushrooms and cut carrots and pepper into thin strips.
- Mix the chicken stock with the soy sauce.
- Blend in the cornflour and mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry until well browned.
- Add onion and carrot to the pan and fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms and pepper to pork mixture and continue frying for 3 minutes.
- Pour the stock mixture into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with boiled brown.
- To make boiled rice: Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the rice. Cook according to package directions. Drain the rice in a strainer, put back in the pan, and cover to keep warm until needed.
Keywords: Chicken, beef, lamb, pork, noodles.