Any type of jam or fresh fruit can be used.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 340g self-raising flour
- 110g sugar
- 50g margarine
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 4 dessertspoons milk
- raspberry jam
- 2 dessertspoons water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Beat the eggs with the milk until light and lemon-coloured. Stir this into the flour mixture, mixing with a knife to get a smooth dough.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured board into a thick roll, and divide in 12 equal portions.
- Flour hands lightly and roll each portion into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a hole in the top of each bun and push in a little jam. Wet the edges of each hole and pinch together.
- Brush with milk or egg and dust each bun over with caster sugar.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Keywords: Jam, fruit.