Makes 2 dozen small buns. Add some sultanas to the mixture for variety. These buns freeze well. If soft margarine is used all the ingredients can be beaten together.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 115g margarine
- 2 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 115g caster sugar
- a little milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Sieve flour into bowl.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the flour and eggs gradually to the creamed margarine and sugar, beating well to avoid curdling.
- If the mixture is dry add a little milk.
- Divide the mixture into bun cases.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Keywords: Sultanas, soft margarine.