Chicken, beef or lamb can be used instead of pork. Serve with noodles.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1lb/450g pork pieces
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 7 mushrooms
- 1 pepper
- 1 carrots
- 2 dessertspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 dessertspoon of oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ¼ pt/150mls of boiling water
- Cut pork into thin slices.
- Cut onions into thin slices and chop garlic.
- Slice mushrooms and cut carrots and pepper into thin strips.
- Mix the 1/4 pt chicken stock with the soy sauce.
- Blend in the cornflour and mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry until well browned.
- Add onion and carrot to the pan and fry for 25 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms and pepper to pork mixture and continue frying for 25 minutes.
- Pour the stock mixture into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles.
Keywords: Chicken, beef, lamb, pork, noodles.