This dish is delicious served with baked potatoes, boiled potatoes or boiled noodles and carrots or broccoli.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 11/2 hours
- 11/2 lbs/675g diced pork
- 2 small green pepper
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 7 mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- pinch of salt if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1oz/50g flour
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- pinch of mixed herbs
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube
- ½ pt/275ml of warm water
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C / 325°F.
- Remove stalks and seeds from the green pepper and chop it up.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion, green pepper, mushrooms for 3 minutes. Transfer them to a casserole dish.
- Add the curry powder, salt and pepper to the flour, and coat the pork in this mixture.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a 1/2pt of warm water.
- Fry the coated pork for 5 minutes and then put into the casserole dish. Add tomatoes, carrots, herbs and vegetable stock.
- Cover tightly and cook in the pre-heated oven for 11/2 hours.
Keywords: Dish, baked potatoes, boiled potatoes, boiled noodles, carrots, broccoli.