To reduce sugar content use a little orange juice with a few teaspoons of lemon juice added to it instead of syrup.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 425ml water
- 180g sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 1 oranges
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwi fruit
- green and black grapes
- Dissolve the sugar in the water, bring to the boil and add the lemon juice. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Cut apples in thin slices and put into the syrup. Peel the pears and kiwi fruit and place them in the syrup also.
- Peel the oranges and cut into segments and add to the bowl.
- Slice the grapes in half and remove pips before adding them to the syrup.
- Mix all the fruit carefully.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Peel the bananas, slice them, sprinkle with lemon juice and add to the salad shortly before serving.
Keywords: Sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, syrup