Not all vegetables here need to be used. Select according to
availability, choice and cost. Leftovers can be frozen for up
to one month.
Number of servings: 1
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 turnip
- 1 parsnip
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon of oil
- 25g flour
- 75ml milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 275mls of boiling water
- parsley to garnish
- Peel and dice carrots, turnips and parsnips. Chop leeks, chop onion and slice mushrooms. Skin and chop tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and gently fry onion and mushrooms.
- Add carrots, turnips, parsnips and leeks and fry gently.
- Stir in the flour to absorb fat, gradually stir in the milk.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 275ml of water and bring to boil, stirring continuously.
- Add tomatoes, pepper and a pinch of salt if desired.
- Cover saucepan and simmer gently for about 45 minutes.