Add 225g of frozen vegetables to the fish before cooking for 10 minutes. Fish suitable for this dish include cod, herring, trout, mackerel and salmon. This tasty dish is a great opportunity to try new fish.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 675g filleted fish
- 1 onion finely chopped
- few drops of lemon juice
- 275mls low-fat milk
- 25g low-fat spread
- 1 dessertspoon of flour
- 7 potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 4 dessertspoons of frozen peas
- 3 carrots chopped
- ½ teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise
- Skin the fish and cut into 4 pieces.
- Place in a saucepan with onion and lemon juice. Add the milk. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fish, saving the stock.
- Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes until it forms a soft ball. Add the mustard and mayonnaise and thicken sauce with cornflour. Remove from heat and add the fish stock gradually. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Grease a pie dish and add a little sauce. Place fish, peas and carrots in dish and cover with the seasoning and remaining sauce.
- Fluff potatoes with a fork around edge of dish or spoon the potatoes around the edge.
- Brown under the grill or in the oven.
Keywords: vegetables, fish, trout, mackerel, salmon.