(from 7 months)
Vegetable water can also be used for moistening baby food. Use liquidisers to puree vegetables and chicken. Use remainder of stock for soup.
Number of servings: 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 75g chicken fillets
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 50g mixed vegetables e.g., carrots, parsnips, etc.
- 150ml water
- Cut chicken fillets.
- Wash, peel and chop mixed vegetables.
- Simmer the chicken and vegetables in the water for 30 minutes until tender. Save the vegetable water.
- Cook rice in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Strain the rice in the sieve and pour boiling water through to remove starch.
- Mix the chicken, rice and vegetables together. Add the saved vegetable water to moisten. Mash or puree.
Keywords: Vegetable water, moistening baby food, puree vegetables, chicken, stock for soup.