Add peeled potatoes to the stew, 30 minutes before the end of cooking time. This may also be cooked in the oven. If making stews or curries, make large batches and freeze some, for when you are too busy to cook.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time:11/2 hours
- 11/2 lb/675g stewing beef
- 1 dessertspoon of oil
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 1¾pt/1l of warm water
- 11/2 oz/40g flour
- pinch of salt if desired
- ground pepper
- 6 carrots
- Fry the meat until browned.
- Remove from the frying pan and place in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Chop the onions and carrots and fry lightly.
- Remove from the frying pan and place with the meat in the saucepan.
- Sprinkle the flour into the frying pan and stir.
- Add the stock cubes, water and seasoning.
- Add this to the meat and vegetables and cook gently over a low heat for 1-11/2 hours until the meat is tender.
Keywords: Potatoes, cooking, stews, curries, cook.