Stir in 3 dessertspoons of natural yoghurt before serving.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time:11/2 hours
- 11/2 lb/675g stewing beef
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 3 onions peeled
- pinch of salt if desired
- ground pepper
- tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 dessertspoon paprika
- 1 dessertspoon tomato puree
- 1 pt/575ml water
- 6-8 potatoes peeled
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Remove the fat from the meat and cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cubes of beef a few at a time and fry them until they are brown on all sides.
- Transfer the browned meat to a saucepan.
- Fry the onions in the pan until they are golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, paprika, tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Add this to the browned meat. Then add the water. Bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook slowly for almost 1 hour.
- Add the sliced potatoes and simmer for another 30 minutes approximately.
Keywords: natural yoghurt