Fish suitable for baking: cod, haddock, mackerel, herrings, trout.
Number of servings: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8 small fillets of fish
- 2 oz/60g Brown breadcrumbs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- a little lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Clean and prepare fish. Dry in kitchen paper.
- Mix breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley / mixed herbs, salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
- Heat oil and stir into crumb mixture. Finally add a little lemon rind or juice.
- Lay 4 fillets on a greased dish, skin side down and spoon stuffing carefully onto each fillet. Flatten well down and cover with the other four fillets. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, depending on size and thickness of fish.
- Lift fish carefully on to a warmed serving dish and surround with cooked peas, lemon wedges and parsley.
Keywords: Fish, baking, haddock, mackerel, herrings, trout