Use mincemeat instead of sugar. Stuff the apples with currants, sultanas or any dried fruit. Mix grated orange rind with the brown sugar. Can be cooked in the microwave.
Number of servings: 3
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 cooking apples
- 50ml water
- 3 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash apples and remove the core.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Pour the water around the apples.
- Fill each apple with sugar and top with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from baking dish and drizzle with yoghurt.
Keywords: Mincemeat, sugar, apples, currants, sultanas, dried fruit, orange rind, brown sugar, microwave.